Monday, 26 March 2018

Cinderella Pantomime St Helens Theatre Royal 24th March 2018

Cinderella - who doesn't love a fairy tale?
Pantomime - who doesn't love Panto?

Normally you would have to wait until Christmas to go and watch a good old pantomime, but not anymore Easter Pantomimes are coming more and more popular.

Pantomimes are not just for children, they are for people of all ages, very family orientated and when you go to one you know you are going to have a great time.

I went to watch the Easter pantomime Cinderella in St Helens last Saturday which was the first shows starring Lee Latchford - Evans from Steps as Prince Charming. As I've been a Steps fan for over 20 years and I am a huge fan of Lee I couldn't miss the chance of going to see Lee is this.

The cast includes Lee Latchford-Evans as Prince Charming, Georgina Parkinson as Cinderella, Lewis Devine as Buttons, Si Foster and Mark Newell as the Ugly Sisters, Samantha Palin as the Fairy Godmother and Andrew Geater as Dandini.

Georgina Parkinson plays the role of Cinderella. Really enjoyed her Cinderella as played the role shy, but a sweet Cinderella. Her voice was great.

Lewis Devine plays the role of Buttons. Very funny. Had a catchphrase with the audience every time he made an appearance on stage. Lewis had a lot of energy and fun to watch.

Si Foster and Mark Newell play the Ugly Sisters. I loved these two. They worked really well together and loved the costumes.

Now I've saved the best to last: Lee Latchford - Evans plays the role of Prince Charming. Charming was Lee. Played the role very well and suited the part of the prince. His personality shone throughout the show and I could not take my eyes off watching Lee. Lee's amazing singing voice had my jaw dropping to the ground. His character was very believable. Even made a few Steps references to the songs.

Of course they saved the best to last by having a fantastic Steps Medley to end the show.
Everyone on their feet singing and doing the famous dance moves including the song every one knows, 'Tragedy', really felt like a 'Steptacular' pantomime.

I am not ashamed to say that I will be going back once again to watch this amazing Steptacular pantomime.

On at St Helens Theatre Royal until 15th April 2018, miss it or miss out!



No comments:

Post a Comment