There's a new musical in
London, it’s called & Juliet.
Went along just to check what this
new musical was all about.
As my first thoughts where it is called
& Juliet, must have something to do with the play of Romeo and Juliet.
Here's a little bit of what the show
is about:
Do
you believe in life after Romeo? Well it is the play of
Romeo and Juliet, but with a slight twist. We all know that Juliet kills herself
in the play, but not in this musical Juliet lives. What if Juliet’s famous ending
was really her beginning? What if she decided to choose her own fate? What if
Juliet put the dagger down and decided to take a girl’s trip instead? In this
irreverent rewrite that's exactly what happens. When Juliet wakes up instead of a
dagger to the heart, she gathers Nurse and her best girlfriends and heads to
the city of lights. Juliet sets off to prove that she is the author of her
own story and that there is life, and love, after Romeo.
& Juliet features
music from these music artists such as Katy Perry, Britney
Spears, Maroon
5, The
Backstreet Boys, Ariana
Grande, The
Weeknd, Taylor
Swift, Jessie J, Nsync and Bon
Jovi. Including songs like It’s
My Life, Larger Than Life, I Want It That Way, Domino, Baby One More Time, I
Kissed A Girl, Since You Been Gone, Everybody, As Long As You Love Me, Stronger,
Roar just to name a few.
The show stars Miriam Teak Lee as
Juliet, Cassidy Janson as Anne, Oliver Tompsett as Shakespeare and Jordan Luke
Gage as Romeo.
Oliver Tompsett is amazing
is Shakespeare I couldn’t stop laughing at Oliver’s Shakespeare. Oliver
portrayed the part very well. I thought Oliver played a cheeky Shakespeare. My
favourite song that Oliver sung has to be I want it That Way.
Jordan Luke Gage, well
what can I say about Jordan and his Romeo? Just that Jordan is a complete star
and his voice is out of this world. Jordan portrays Romeo as a ‘drama queen’ who
is still in love with Juliet. Jordan has an amazing entrance right at the end
of act one before the interval, but I won’t give it away. My favourite song
that Jordan sings and my favourite song from the show is Its My Life.
Miriam Teak Lee’s Juliet
is fantastic. Miriam’s voice raises the roof off the Shaftesbury Theatre it is
amazing. Miriam portrays Juliet as a woman with attitude who is a role model
for all women out there. Doesn’t let people walk over her who makes her own
decisions about life.
It’s such a feel-good
show and if you have a chance to go and see it, then GO! I’ve already been
twice and there will be more visits in the future.
I’ve never laughed so
much and its surprising how many songs you would know. Its my new guilty
pleasure.
& Juliet is now playing
at Shaftesbury Theatre in London until May 2020.
No comments:
Post a Comment