Finding Neverland was one of the main reasons why I wanted to go to NYC/Broadway as well to see Matthew Morrison.
I saw the original broadway cast that starred Matthew Morrison as JM Barrie, Laura Michelle Kelly as Sylvia Llewelyn Davies and Kelsey Grammer as Mr Charles Frohman/Captain Hook.
I was also interested to see what the score was like as the music and lyrics were written by Gary Barlow and Elliot Kennedy.
It tells the story of how Peter becomes Pan and takes your through the life of J.M Barrie and how he got the idea from writing the famous novel Peter Pan by meeting the Llewelyn Davies Family.
I absolutely enjoyed this musical, everything about it from the lights, to the set, to the music and last but not least the cast.
Was truly amazingly magical and it really did make me believe.
The music is absolutely breathtaking to listen too, my favourite songs had to be Believe, Something about this night and When your feet don't touch the ground.
Matthew Morrison portrayed a fantastic J.M Barrie. His performance was very believable and Matthew owned the stage. Matthews voice was amazing especially in Stronger as I can imagine its a hard song to sing, but Matthew did it justice. Bravo Matthew.
Laura Michelle Kelly portrayed a charming Sylvia Llewelyn Davies the mother of the boys Michael, Jack, Peter and George. I never saw any of the shows Laura had done beforehand but in this show Laura was fantastic. Laura delivered a strong and convincing performance throughout the show.
Kelsey Grammer portrayed a very convincing and fun Captain Hook. Also a very smart businessman Charles Frohman.
The boys were very cute and talented and had great voices.
The score of the show is unbelievably amazing and has a pop feel to it.
My favourite broadway musical.
Definitely a musical worth seeing if you get the chance to head to Broadway. But if not do not worry as it's hopefully heading to London's West End in 2017.
No comments:
Post a Comment